Homemade Oreo Blizzards …. mmm! We have been eating these for years, so I don’t know why I haven’t shared this with you sooner. “Homemade” blizzards are quick and easy to put together, and they’ll save you $$$! We can’t stop eating them!
All you need are two ingredients: vanilla ice cream and Oreo cookies.
We use about 10 cookies for two large servings.
The filling can be super sweet so we remove the cream from about half of them. Reserve two or three cookies and place the rest in a zip lock bag, and crush with a mallet.
Place the crushed cookies in a mixing bowl and add several scoops of vanilla ice cream. Mash quickly so the mixture doesn’t melt.
Scoop into mugs or bowls, crush one or two of the cookies (without the cream) in your hand and sprinkle over each serving.
Top with a whole Oreo cookie and enjoy!!
- It took a couple of times to figure out the ice cream to cookie ratio that we liked, but hey you can’t go wrong, unless you make too little 😦
- We prefer regular vanilla ice cream vs. French vanilla ice cream, which is too sweet
- Use a large mug; this treat is cold! Hold with one hand and dig in with a spoon!
- Work quickly and the blizzard will remain frozen!
- I rarely purchase processed food items so I tried to make homemade Oreo cookies. Unfortunately, they were not the same. They tasted good, but were missing that distinct crispy- crunchy texture. Stick with store-bought for this decadent treat!