When my mother-in-law gives me baskets full of cherry tomatoes, fresh from her garden, I’m in tomato overload! But, I’m never short on recipes. One of our favorites is roasted cherry tomatoes (recipe coming soon)!
Another one I’d like to share is scrambled eggs with cherry tomatoes and shredded cheddar cheese! I can’t really call it a recipe because this dish is super simple, and a refreshing change from plain old scrambled eggs. It’s perfect for breakfast or served with a salad for lunch/brunch.
Scrambled Eggs with Cherry Tomatoes and Cheddar Cheese
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half
- Preheat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, then add a little bit of butter and canola oil
- Sauté tomatoes until slightly softened, then transfer to a bowl and set aside
- Wipe skillet clean, bring back to medium heat, and then add a little butter and canola oil
- Add beaten eggs and cook until almost set
- Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese
- Season with salt and pepper
~Did I say how delicious this is???