We’ve been frequent customers of Congee Queen for many years, and I finally found time to write a review.
The food is Asian fusion, and you’ll find everything from congee to noodles, fried rice, stir-frys, BBQ meats, Thai, Vietnamese dishes and bubble tea. The portions are generous, and the prices are reasonable.
There were times when our experience was hit or miss and this is quite dependent on the time of day you visit. When it’s busy, the food will be fresher (in my opinion).
Congee Queen currently has four locations within the GTA (Greater Toronto Area), and the menu is the same at each one. They also have an afternoon special, Monday to Friday, from 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. Combos include a specialty drink such as bubble tea or our favorite, red bean with ice cream freeze.
Some of our cravings are:
- Salmon Congee – B3
- Cantonese Chow Mein – E14
- Fried Rice Noodle with Beef and Black Bean Sauce – E28
- Beef with Spicy Sambal Chow Mein – E23
- Chef Special Fried Rice with Scallop, Shrimp, BBQ and Preserved Sausage – H5
- BBQ Duck Noodle with Soup – 18A
- Curry Beef with Rice – (lunch menu)
- Fried Bean Curd with Vegetables – K20
- Fried Tiger Shrimp and Chicken with Mango – K4
- Fried Chili Turnip Patties – K43
- Tung Choi with Garlic – K21
- Deep Fried Shrimp with Salad Sauce (mayonnaise) – K24
- Spice and Pepper Salt Squid – K36
- Baby Bok Choi with Garlic – K29
- Red Bean with Ice Cream Freeze – R6
- Ask your waiter to make your dishes with less oil and less salt, and then repeat the request!
- The Spice and Pepper Squid dish is really hit or miss. It can range from tender to chewy, and is quite salty, so ask for less salt