Now that you’ve seen how to make homemade tortilla chips, are you craving guacamole?
There are so many recipes and versions, but it’s quite simple to make. We like to add plum tomatoes and coriander, but you can also leave them out. The amount of lime juice, salt as well as the spice level can be adjusted to your taste.
This recipe from Martha Stewart is our T&T (tried and true) version.
Our Favorite Guacamole Recipe
Adapted from Martha Stewart
- 2 – 3 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and lightly mashed
- ¼ cup finely minced onion
- ½ – 1 small jalapeno pepper, finely diced (remove seeds and ribs for less heat)
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
- ¼ cup chopped coriander
- 2 to 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Coarse salt
- In a bowl, combine avocados, onion, jalapeno, tomato, coriander, and lime juice.
- Season with salt, and mix to combine
- Sprinkle with additional chili peppers if you like it spicy
- You can make the guacamole several hours ahead and keep it in the refrigerator. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, pressing the plastic directly onto the surface of the guacamole to prevent discoloration