This drink screams summertime!
I had leftover watermelon and was inspired to mix it with fresh lemon juice. The recipe is so easy and a real thirst quencher. You can easily adjust the amounts to suit your own taste, and you don’t have to measure anything, just eyeball it.
Sparkling Watermelon Lemonade
Makes 6 generous servings
- 8 cups seedless watermelon, cut into small chunks
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp superfine sugar
- In a blender combine all ingredients and pulse until very smooth
- Pour over ice cubes, about 2/3 full
- Fill with sparkling water such as Perrier or San Pellegrino (you can also substitute Sprite or 7 Up. Just eliminate the sugar)
- Depending on the strength of your blender, you may need to blend ingredients in 2 batches