It started when H and I went on our first cruise last year. Oasis of the Seas served unsweetened iced tea in all their cafes and restaurants, and I couldn’t believe how addicted I became to the taste. H “liked it not.”
H jokes and calls it my “sippy cup,” because I always have it with me, all day long, filled with iced tea, iced water or Perrier mixed with POM.
You can make this with regular black or green tea bags. Since I’m drinking it during the day and evening, I use decaf so I’m not up all night long!
Makes about 4 – 6 cups
- 4 good quality decaffeinated green tea bags
- 2 cup glass/heat-proof measuring cup
- Add tea bags to measuring cup
- Add boiling hot water to measure 2 cups
- Let steep for 30 – 40 minutes, remove tea bags and discard
- Pour tea into a jug
- Add 2-4 cups cold filtered water (depending on your taste)
- Enjoy with ice and sliced lemons