I know this is such a simple recipe, but I’ve cut down on drinking pop for a while now, and wanted to share how excited I am about iced tea! I’m a tea lover, but I don’t like sweetened iced tea.
It started when H and I went on our first cruise last year. Oasis of the Seas served unsweetened iced tea in all their cafes and restaurants, and I couldn’t believe how addicted I became to the taste. H “liked it not.”
We also like the BPA-free double wall plastic tumblers. They keep our drinks cold, and they don’t sweat, no matter how much ice we put in them.
H jokes and calls it my “sippy cup,” because I always have it with me, all day long, filled with iced tea, iced water or Perrier mixed with POM.
Click here to see the tumblers.
You can make this with regular black or green tea bags. Since I’m drinking it during the day and evening, I use decaf so I’m not up all night long!
Makes about 4 – 6 cups
- 4 good quality decaffeinated green tea bags
- 2 cup glass/heat-proof measuring cup
- Add tea bags to measuring cup
- Add boiling hot water to measure 2 cups
- Let steep for 30 – 40 minutes, remove tea bags and discard
- Pour tea into a jug
- Add 2-4 cups cold filtered water (depending on your taste)
- Enjoy with ice and sliced lemons